The Cob Oven Bible: Build Your Own Earth Oven, 3rd Edition
"The definitive book on how to build an adobe oven." Many readers have taken it's practical and creative advice to build their own ovens, bread-businesses -- and even their own earthen homes! "Empowering." Over 75,000 copies in print.
$15.00 — $17.95
$10.00 — $15.00
You save $2.95 — $5.00 (16% — 33%)!
The Cob Oven Bible! (I have to put that in for the search engines…) It began as a pamphlet for participants in hands on (and shoes off!) workshops where small groups of folks would come together for a day or three to build an oven together. The resulting beauty and community â€” as well as bread â€” inspired the author to try and put a workshop between the covers of a book. We invite you to take off your shoes and jump into the mud:
- updated, expanded, and completely revised text
- new, super-insulated design holds heat longer and burns less fuel
- new simplified guide for making naturally leavened, whole-grain sourdough hearth loaves, by Hannah Field, former professional baker for wood fired and organic bakeries on both sides of the Atlantic.
- foreword by Alan Scott, grandfather of wood-fired ovens and artisan bread, co-author (with Dan Wing) of The Bread Builders;
- 8-page color gallery of beautiful sculpted ovens, many built by readers!
- mobile ovens, â€œrocketâ€ ovens, hay-box cookers, and more.
Rave reviews on Amazon (4.7 out of 5 stars): â€œThis Book Gives You Courage,â€ â€œpractical and well conceived,â€ â€œuser-friendly,â€ â€œeasy to read,â€ â€œdetailed and complete,â€ â€œbest book on the topic,â€ â€œone of the best building project books aroundâ€
â€œBrief, brisk, artful, and well-writtenâ€¦.explains the principles of breadmaking with a few deft strokesâ€¦. Graceful, well-detailed, and empowering throughout.â€ â€“ Permaculture Activist, August, 2004
â€œThere are really only three books for the would-be bread oven builder. If you get only one, get Kikoâ€™sâ€¦â€ â€“ John Connell, founder, Yestermorrow design/build school, architect, author
â€œâ€¦inspired creativity combined with traditional wisdomâ€¦.Get a copy and build yourself an earth bread oven. Itâ€™s that simple.â€ – www.walnutbooks.com
â€œâ€¦enjoyable, down-to-earth and sensibleâ€¦.his instructions are clear as rainwater, his adviceâ€¦intelligent and soundâ€¦.â€ – Petit Propos Culinaires
â€œâ€¦Appealing to a diverse audience of bakers, outdoor cooks, traditional crafts persons, andâ€¦homeschoolers looking for a projectâ€¦should be part of most public library collections.â€ â€“ Library Journal
â€œâ€¦The illustrations really make it accessible, and the information is such a good blend of science and love.â€ â€“ Marc Peter Keane, Landscape Architect, author, Japanese Garden Design
â€œYour book is an excellent guide to building an earthen oven and lots moreâ€¦. My son-in-law just finished an Italian bread and pizza oven [that] cost $4,000. I told him I will soon build a horno of adobe for less than $100.â€ â€“ Clint T. Colorado
- Hot From the Oven! – An archive about do-it-yourself wood-fired ovens.
- Build Your Own Barrel Oven – A new book about a quick-firing hybrid oven for bakers in need of a versatile, multi-functional oven with the capacity to feed large crowds at short notice.
Build Your Own Earth Oven is distributed to the book trade by Chelsea Green.
- kiko denzer
- hand print press
- 3d edition, revised, expanded
- paperback or pdf
- page count:
- 132 pages