The Cob Oven Bible! Take off your shoes, jump into the mud, and start cooking with fire!
- This is the updated, expanded, and completely revised third edition (4-1/2 stars on Amazon, with 232 ratings! Speaking of which, if you write a review, post it on Amazon and any social media and (if it’s 3 stars or more) I’ll send you a free copy of Dig Your Hands in the Dirt or Making Things.)
- The new, super-insulated design holds heat longer and burns less fuel. (Check out the how-to on firing techniques!)
- Hannah’s guide for making the best, naturally leavened, whole-grain sourdough hearth loaves — as featured on The Splendid Table.
- foreword by Alan Scott, grandfather of wood-fired ovens and artisan bread, co-author (with Dan Wing) of The Bread Builders;
- 8 full-color pages of beautiful sculpted ovens, many built by readers!
- includes info on mobile ovens on trailers, “rocket” ovens, hay-box cookers, and more.
Praise for the cob oven bible:
Why is it the cob oven bible? Here are some of the raves on Amazon (4.5 out of 5 stars): “This Book Gives You Courage,” “practical and well conceived,” “user-friendly,” “easy to read,” “detailed and complete,” “best book on the topic,” “one of the best building project books around”
“Brief, brisk, artful, and well-written, explains the principles of breadmaking with a few deft strokes. Graceful, well-detailed, and empowering throughout.” Permaculture Activist, August, 2004
“There are really only three books for the would-be bread oven builder. If you get only one, get Kiko’s–” John Connell, founder, Yestermorrow design/build school, architect, author
“…inspired creativity combined with traditional wisdom– Get a copy and build yourself an earth bread oven. It’s that simple.” – www.walnutbooks.com
“…enjoyable, down-to-earth and sensible… his instructions are clear as rainwater, his advice–intelligent and sound.” – Petit Propos Culinaires
“Appealing to a diverse audience of bakers, outdoor cooks, traditional crafts persons, and–homeschoolers looking for a project–should be part of most public library collections.” Library Journal
“The illustrations really make it accessible, and the information is such a good blend of science and love.” Marc Peter Keane, Landscape Architect, author, Japanese Garden Design
“Your book is an excellent guide to building an earthen oven and lots more. My son-in-law just finished an Italian bread and pizza oven [that] cost $4,000. I told him I will soon build a horno of adobe for less than $100.” Clint T. Colorado
Contact us about bulk discounts.
Distributed to the book trade by Chelsea Green publishing .